Saturday, January 31, 2015

Week 3: Famous Last Words

(Velma loves jacket)
            I enjoyed reading the Turkish Fairy Tales unit as well as writing my version of The Wizard-Dervish. This was one story that I really could have written over the maximum limit for. To keep it within the maximum, I ended up leaving out a lot of parts that I would have liked to include. Hopefully the final product makes sense. It was such a strange (and pretty dark) original story that it was difficult to explain in the author’s note.
            I’m also looking forward to starting my Storybook project! The theme is: Love Across Time and Culture. I think I have decided to go with a sort of reincarnation premise and have one couple be the main characters in different snapshots of time and in different places around the world. I will start with the Indian epic, which will be useful since reincarnation is part of that culture. I think it might be a challenge, but it should also be fun!
            The stories I read for Blog commenting this week were very good. Both authors took a modern approach to their stories, one by using modern dialogue and the other by changing the entire premise of the story to take place in modern times. I thought both new stories offered a fresh new take on the old stories.

            This weekend, my family is coming to town! We are having a little early celebration for my birthday and going out for Italian food. We’re going to Victioria’s, which I’ve never gone to before but I’ve heard it is delicious. I am so excited to be able to hang out with my family for the day. My real birthday is on Monday (bleck), and I was really keeping my fingers crossed for a snow day! But it looks like I will have no such luck.

(Annie loves box)


2 comments:

  1. The pictures of the cat are adorable. I have one cat and she is constantly trying to lay on my head. She is a very lovable cat, which is good because I was never really an animal person but she's growing on me. I have also been reading some of the fairy tale units. I haven't really read any of the Turkish fairy tales but I have a feeling that I will be sometime soon. I just love fairy tales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Brianne! First off, I love those cats! They are soooooo cute, haha. Secondly, I know exactly how you feel about keeping the stories within the upper limit--I often have problems with keeping stories (and other posts) short, and feel like my stories sometimes suffer some because of length. Then again, I could probably write novellas based off of some of the things we read, so limits are good, haha. Happy early birthday!

    ReplyDelete