Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Writing Review Week

It’s so cool to look over the Storytellings I have done so far. I love the online format of this class where everything is organized so neatly and very easy to find (unlike my other classes where I throw old assignments in a folder and have to scrounge around to find them!).

I have a few favorite Storytellings as well as a few least favorites! My favorites so far are Cupid’s Forgiveness from Week 3, Nimet and the Dark Wizard from Week 4, and A Prolonged Elopement from Week 6. The original versions of those stories just really grabbed my attention and inspired me to write. All of these stories are about love (or at least that’s what I focused on in my version). It makes sense because my Storybook Project is also about love. It’s something I’ve always been interested in in my fiction choices.


Some of my least favorites were Gene’s Early Morning from Week 5 and The Lethal Lie from Week 9. I remember struggling a lot in those weeks to find inspiration for writing my Storytelling. I’m not at all saying that these were bad units, just that they didn’t spark something in me like other units did. It is just so much easier and so much more enjoyable to write when I have that inspiration from the original.

(Cupid and Psyche by Anthony van Dyck, 1639-40)
I chose this image because it was my favorite from all my Storytellings and it was my first Storytelling that I really liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment