Sunday, March 8, 2015

Famous Last Words Week 8

Well, I finally got my “snow day” this week! I was so excited when we got the call on Tuesday that school was canceled. I could not believe it. And I really could not believe it when the snow didn’t even start until nearly three o’clock the next day! I thought for sure we would get all of Thursday off, too, when I saw how much snow was accumulating. Still, I’m glad it didn’t get too bad because I was getting kind of worried that my boyfriend’s knee surgery would have to get postponed due to weather. But he had it as scheduled and everything went well. He has less cartilage in his meniscus now, but hopefully he will be off crutches soon.

Again, I didn’t do much for Myth-Folklore this week because I’m still ahead. I’m going to try to get ahead again during Spring Break because it’s really nice not to have to stress out about finishing anything by the due date. I have just one more story left to write for my Storybook Project. I plan to use a story from the Celtic Fairy Tales unit, so it may be a little while before I read that and write my own version. I may jump ahead so I can finish the project over Spring Break.


I’m pretty bummed out because today we “sprung forward” for time change. I woke up and my phone said it was 9:00 AM and I was surprised that I slept in. But then I went downstairs and saw that my microwave clock said it was 8:00 AM and remembered that it was the day of the “bad” time change. I feel like I’ve been robbed of an hour of my day and I’m not at all looking forward to waking up tomorrow for school. I can’t wait for Spring Break!

This week, I have some great pictures of my kitties looking like Disney/Pixar characters:

(Annie poses as Kiara from The Lion King)

(Velma resembles the lovable Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brianne!

    First of all, I completely agree about the snow day being awesome. It was great to chill out and not go to school! Although I'm sort of surprised that on one of the snow days there was basically no snow…

    I was also surprised about the "spring forward" time change; I wonder why daylight savings is even necessary anymore?

    Finally, your cats are pretty awesome. Can they speak any languages? I'm convinced that cats are smart enough to do so, but have yet to prove this theory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brianna, First we get a snow day and then next thing you know, it is Spring Break! It is crazy how this weather has been in Norman. I think it is awesome how far ahead you are in the class. I wish I was that far ahead. Every time I set out to get ahead, it never seems to work out. Hopefully, I can take some time this week to do the same as you, so there will be less to work on later.

    ReplyDelete